Pages

Monday, April 30, 2012

Year Round Holiday (even after 8pm)




Well folks I know what you're thinking-
1)It is not even close to Christmas
 and
2)I have been blogging incessantly about how excited I am for summer.

While Christmas is not even close, and I am incredibly excited for the summer heat - I lovelovelovelove Christmas time. It is not only the actual event of Christmas Eve/Day that I love. It is from November 1st until January 2nd - the whole holiday season that I am in love with. It is the spirit of the holidays. The crisp air, beautiful decorations, amazing food, all of the baking, all of the giving, all of it. I love it all. I feel that this coming holiday season will be the best yet (I say this every year- and I always seem to be right).

"One person considers one day more sacred than another; another considers every day alike. Each of them should be fully convinced in their own mind"  -– Romans 14:5-6 (NIV)

Maybe I should try to bring the joy of the holiday spirit to all of my days. I think I just might give that a shot.

Today I had my first final of the semester and I proud to report that it went well. I am glad that it is over - now only 2 left and I'll be on my way to summer bliss.

Boys are doing good :) Growing, chatting, and keeping us on our toes. They have a pretty set bedtime of 8pm. This of course varies some on the weekend, but nearly every night during the week they are in bed at 8. But as of lately, they have been in bed and monkey-ing around until well past 9. They are not crying or whining, just not sleeping either. Usually it is a variety of laughing, switching blankets/stuffies, and making funny faces. And while it would be nice for the house to be quiet after 8- I choose to pick my battles on this one and as long as they remain in their beds, I will listen to the laughter coming from their room. I think it is part of the brother thing.

Until next time,
Carmen


No comments:

Post a Comment