Pages

Friday, April 6, 2012

Love.



It has been a long long week, full of trials that I am trying my darnedest to be thankful for.

  "Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds," James 1:2

As a mom, I think the toughest trial around would be having a sick child. And as luck would have it, Christian is sick, and has been since Wednesday. He has been hit with one respiratory problem after another this year, and this bout is no different. He is currently on 4 different medications, but is finally finding some pep in is little steps again.

One joy to find from this trial might just be the utmost respect and appreciation I have for our family practitioner. He is a fantastic physician and I will be one blessed lady if I can one day be a doctor like him. He is perfect for our family, and I am lucky that God has put him in our life to be there to guide us in some tough trials.

Another joy I can find in the trials of a sick child is the joy of family . You know? When things are going along swimmingly, we forget to stop and look around. We forget how much we care for one another. We get comfortable. But during times of trial we stop and pray together. We really show our love for one another by offering help, and prayers, and laughs and all of those good things that seem to mean so much more when life suddenly stops being easy.

This brings me to my very short point for today.  

I love being a wife and mother. During happy/hard/funny/stressful/exhausting/sad/peaceful/chaotic times. I find joy (somewhere) in all of them. The picture there at the top is not me (if you couldn't tell). Those people are not even people I know. But they are old, and they look as if they are in love, and that they have been in love for quite some time. I want to be like those old folks in that picture. Me and Yos - old, wrinkly, and full of joy.

That is all,
Carmen



No comments:

Post a Comment