Pages

Thursday, June 28, 2012

stuff about school.


Today is the first day this summer where I had a brief moment of "I kind of miss school". It's funny because I have a very sensitive nose - and today as I was driving with the windows open I caught a scent that reminded me of a building on campus. That's all it took really and then all the sudden I caught myself thinking "I guess I kind of miss it".

Now I realize that after reading my posts for a month straight where I complained (you could maybe even call it whining) about how badly I wanted to be done with school - you might feel upset that I have all the sudden changed my mind with summer only partly over. Don't fret - this happens every school year.

About March I get tired (don't all students), stressed, and frazzled. All the sudden there is so much to do, and not enough time. So by the time school gets out I have hardly any student left in me and all I want to do is lay in the sun all day and go swimming with the boys. Then about July I start to miss everything that I love about school. So here we are right on schedule.

Don't get me wrong though. I plan on soaking up every minute of summer sun I can. I plan on loving up every moment of the summer fun with my little guys. I'm just glad that I am starting to feel up to the challenge of another school year once again, even though this year I'll be taking it much easier than last. Only 12 credits! That is a whole five credits less than last year - plus I worked it out so I only have to physically be on campus two days a week. Yay!

Why the slow down? Last year spring was hard. And I love a good challenge - but it wasn't even like that. I spread myself too thin. I wasn't able to do the things I love to do in the way I wanted to, simply because there was too much to get done. Not this year. I am going to narrow my focus and really devote my time to doing the best I can, rather than the most I can.

But for now I am off to build a sandcastle with my loves.

Until next time,
Carmen



No comments:

Post a Comment