Pages

Sunday, June 17, 2012

dad stuff.

(this post is again all gushy and wonderful - for good reason)



I love holidays. Love 'em to bits - pretty much each and every one. It is a wonderful reason to rejoice with family, make good food, and have a celebratory attitude all day long. Father's Day is a new event for me. In fact this will only be the fourth year that I have actually celebrated this wonderful holiday. Growing up it was always me and my mom - and it was just fine that way. But one thing I never did (obviously!) was celebrate Father's Day.


I take most holidays very seriously, but this one especially. I want to make sure that Yosi knows how much we love him on a day to day basis. I want to make sure that he knows just how much we appreciate all that he does for us. But this is his day. Father's Day. The day to celebrate just what a wonderful dad he is.

There is many perks to being a mother- too many to count. But when it really boils down to it, one of the best parts of being a mom is watching the man I love be an incredible dad. And he is just that - an incredible dad. I am blessed to have him as my husband, and our sons are blessed to have him as their dad.

Now you are probably wondering what we did to celebrate such a fantastic dad today. Truth is: we did nothing. Yosi had a big job at work so he worked ALL weekend. Poor guy is tuckered out. So we will celebrate officially tomorrow. I will let you know how it goes.

Until then,
Carmen





No comments:

Post a Comment