Pages

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

a sad post.



Every once and a while you come across people to have a lasting impact on your life.. The kind that you remember forever. The kind of people you admire and respect. The kind of people you hope to become.

I used to be a waitress. I was 17 and newly married. It was a tough job - long hours, too many people with short tempers, and not enough that tipped appropriately. There was a regular couple that visited the restaurant at least once a day. They were old, happy, hilarious, and very obviously in love. They had been regulars there for many years, and they were just as much a part of the Fryn Pan family as the staff was. Last year half of that couple passed away. She had mild dementia that had caught up with her. It was terribly sad when she passed - but I think the hardest thing was watching him as his heart ached. She was the love of his life.

He died on Sunday. It makes my heart heavy. I find comfort knowing that neither one is suffering and their hearts have met again. I pray that their family can find peace in this impossibly difficult time. They were the kind of people who will forever stay in my heart.

Rest in peace Mr. and Mrs. Williams. You showed me what true love looks like after 56 years of marriage. You taught me about the kind of wife I wanted to become. You were proof that it really can happen. You will not be forgotten. And no, we do not serve buffalo rump roast sandwiches.

Until next time,
Carmen


No comments:

Post a Comment