Pages

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

anyway.


It's a tad fuzzy so I will quote it here:

"People are often unreasonable, illogical, and self centered.
Forgive them anyway.
If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish motives.
Be kind anyway.
If you are successful, you will win some false friends and true enemies.
Succeed anyway.
If you are honest and sincere, people may deceive you.
Be honest and sincere anyway.
What you spend years building, some could destroy overnight;
Build anyway.
If you find serenity and happiness, they may be jealous;
Be happy anyway.
The good you do today, people will often forget tomorrow;
Do good anyway.
Give the world the best you have and it may never be enough;
Give them your best anyway.
In the final analysis, it is between you and God;
It never was between you and them anyway."
- Mother Teresa

I love everything about this. Obviously this woman knew what was up. I think sometimes it gets so easy to get selfish. "Why should I go out of my way to do a good thing when nobody else is going to notice?" or "Why should I go out of my way to be kind and honest when it doesn't seem important here?" Well, because it is the right thing to do.  That's why.

I thought this was fitting tonight because I was trying to explain this concept to Christian earlier (and let me tell you that it was not well received). Nolan is two - and two can be terrible. I think the most patient of souls can feel frazzled by the typical two year old boy, and Christian is no exception.

When playing with toys after dinner a rumble broke out between the little men - and when I finally managed to pry them off of each other Christian announced that he was no longer going to share his toys because Nolan doesn't ever share either. That is when I tried my hardest to explain to him that we should always try our best to be fair - even when others are not being even a little bit nice.

He didn't buy it. At all. Again I remind myself that he is four and he will learn. Especially because I plan on drilling that one into his brain - simply because I think it is that important.

Enough brain food for now.

Until next time,
Carmen


No comments:

Post a Comment