Pages

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

the most unfun of all.


I have posted before about having sick kids. Christian has struggled this year with respiratory problems and it has been hard on all of us. Luckily, those issues are well controlled at the moment and he is a healthy and happy little guy.

This past couple of days my little Nolan has been sick. Not the common cold kind of sick, but viral pneumonia kind of sick. There is a terrible, heart wrenching, ache that comes over me when one of the boys is sick. I think it is something that all parents have in common. That terrible feeling in the pit of your stomach that happens when one of your own babies is ill.

On a day to day basis there are lots of things that matter: keeping the house, making yummy food, my daily trips to the gym, being witty and hilarious, you know - things like that. When I have a sick child, the only thing that matters at all is making sure that child gets well. It is like tunnel vision. The past few days have been consumed with making sure that Nolan is getting better.

I am growing in my faith all the time. It is something I continuously work on. When the boys are sick I feel conflicted. My heart hurts. On one hand, I want to put my faith in God and know that he will pull us through. On the other hand, I can't seem to take that leap of faith and just put my trust in God to bring us to the other side of the difficult time.

As a mom I admit that I sometimes I feel like I am the only one who can do things the right way for my little guys. Maybe that is the reason that when they are sick I feel as though it is up to me to worry them back to health. That is where I am wrong... but worrying is part of what moms do - whether her babies are sick or not. See what I mean?! Conflicted.

Anyhow, after a draining couple of days my littlest guy is perking right back up and things are getting back to normal around here. My house is slowly recovering from a 3 day cleaning hiatus. It's amazing how quickly a mess can accumulate in such a tiny home... 

 In other news, we just celebrated Yos's birthday here. The day itself was spent at the hospital where Nolan had chest x-rays and two blood draws. After that, the we all were pretty well spent. We lounged at home and I did the best I could to make a celebratory dinner and cake, but both of our minds were on the little guy. Luckily, we spent the Saturday before at the lake celebrating the big 23 with a day full of fun in the sun.

Well, this was enough to report for one day.

More next time,
Carmen

No comments:

Post a Comment