Pages

Sunday, May 27, 2012

carnival joy.



I love this verse. I love the woman in Proverbs 31 - she inspires me.

The weekend is here! Not only that - but a 3 day weekend to boot. This time of year is wonderful for so many reasons: the warm weather, my birthday, the pretty flowers, the longer days, the excitement of summertime.. I could go on and on. But one of my most favorite things in May is the carnival. Hands down.

Now, let me explain. There is a traveling carnival that stops into our town twice a year in May and August. It really is nothing special - basic carnival food (funnel cake!), the same old rides, and the games that suck up all of your money. It's overpriced for sure, the food will clog your arteries, and every year those same rides get older and older... But I love it!

I have always enjoyed the carnival but for the past six years it has also held a special place in my heart. It is where Yosi and I met :-) We had known each other's names from school, but it was at the carnival that he asked me on our first date. It was six years ago yesterday. I had been at the carnival with some friends that evening but it was late and I was heading home because I had a 10pm curfew. That is when I heard my name. I turned around and it was Yosi, he asked if I would want to go on the octopus with him. I so wanted to go! I called my mom to ask if I could stay out for another 20 minutes - and she said no. I told him I had to go home, he asked if I wanted to go to the beach the next day. Of course I said yes.

Here we are six years later. And on Friday night Yosi surprised me with a date to the carnival. It was a blast! We went on the octopus because that is the best carnival ride ever, we walked the loop, and then we went out for dessert. It was perfect. BUT, it only gets better! Yesterday we took the boys to enjoy some carnival fun, and it was amazing to watch their faces light up. This was the first year that Nolan has been old enough to walk around and get in on the fun. It is safe to say that he had the time of his little life. I will prove it with photos:

love.

tilt a whirl

brother love.

Until next time,
Carmen





No comments:

Post a Comment