Pages

Monday, May 7, 2012

kicking out some traditions


Well guys it's been a few days. The weekend was busy (in a good weekend kind of way) and I've just been winding down from my busy and incredibly stressful week of finals. BUT I am back to the blog and back to being my usual chipper and positive self. Yay!

Today I worked a few hours this morning and then had a coffee date with my mom, which was much overdue. I ventured home to greet Yosi, and then picked up the boys and headed to the yard. We played outside nearly all evening. We played a pretty intense game of yard soccer. It was Christian and I against Yosi and Nolan. Christian and I totally won. During some friendly celebration chit-chat I explained to Yosi that I was clearly a better kicker than him. I don't know if it is because he has been playing soccer since the beginning of time or what the issue was - but he didn't agree. I told him that until he wins a game of yard soccer I will continue to believe in my kicking superiority.

I was talking with a friend today and we found ourselves talking about traditions. This really got me thinking about what kind of traditions I want the boys to leave home (in a longlonglonglonglong time) with. What do I want them to carry on to their own families? In response to all of my deep thinking I created a nifty list -
^family dinner at the table
^an abundance of joy and family celebrations during the holidays
^a birthday week (more on that in an upcoming post)
^autumn Sunday's with family, food, and football
^prayer

I know there will be more, and as I come up with them I will be sure to update the list:)


After I picked Christian up from daycare today he surprised me with this lovely gift.

Cute right?


Pile of shoes.

Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the LORD with all your heart,
and lean not on your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge Him,
and He shall direct your paths.

Carmen

No comments:

Post a Comment