Pages

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

my husband is wonderful.


(I don't know too much about marriage in general - but I know some about my own and that is the one I'll be referring to throughout this post.)

Being married is pretty much a full time job. In order to be successful, you have to put in the work. I was married at age 17, Yosi was 19. It was October when we first sat down to start planning a big wedding for the following summer. Let me tell you - wedding planning is no walk in the park. It seemed stressful, and expensive, and time consuming. All we really wanted was to be husband and wife. We decided not to wait, and instead we got married just four weeks later in November.


It was a beautiful day. We took a big risk by planning an outside ceremony, but I am so glad that we did. It was the last nice weekend of the year, and it turned out to be almost 70 degrees. Beautiful.

Anyhow, we got married young. I personally had zero idea how to be a wife. I don't know that anyone ever does. I still sometimes feel as if I am winging it- but that is ok because he is too. At the end of the day, he is my person and I love him. Not only is he good looking, handy around the house, and a great father, BUT he also is caring, kind, and wonderful. Pretty much he is rad, and I love him.

So why you ask, do I see it as a full time job if I happen to have found such a fantastic guy? Well, because having a great husband doesn't mean having a great marriage. It takes two people with the same goal, and at least some sort of cohesive plan on how to attain that goal. It is an art form that takes practice and some trial and error. It can be stressful and demanding, but luckily, it's also fantastic.

We have learned a lot in our three years of marriage. We have learned what doesn't work for us, and we have since found what does.
There has been a few things that have helped me grow into the wife that I want to be:
1)Jesus Christ and the holy scriptures
2)Loving myself
*and*
3)A good dose of selflessness
4)Not acting like a 17 year old.

Marriage is work, but it is nearly the best job in the world (second only to motherhood). But, enough of this for now. I will leave you with a photo.

11/2/08
And above all these put on love, which binds everything together in perfect harmony.
Colossians 3:14

-Carmen

No comments:

Post a Comment