Pages

Thursday, May 2, 2013

the other side.



I am proud to report that I survived finals week. By survived I mean made it out on the other side. Nothing more fancy than that. 

I only had one small breakdown that included crying. I had two anxiety induced irrational dreams about exams, celebrities, and cruise ships. Then there was three minutes on Tuesday morning where after I parked I just about turned around and drove home because getting out of the car seemed like too much work.  

At the beginning of my 8pm final last night I was handed the exam and proceeded to just look at it while drinking every last drop of coffee in my travel thermos. I must have sat there for ten minutes, just sitting. It was one of those moments where there just isn't enough coffee left in that cup for life to continue, and certainly not enough to cook up an essay about the Jerusalem church in the first century. After the first eight minutes or so my professor tapped on my desk and asked if I was alright as I was sitting and eyeing my empty cup. I looked up and nodded and he smiled and let me sit. Eventually I mustered up the umph I needed to get the exam finished and I am pretty certain that I earned an A. 

In the midst of the chaos there were some bright spots.

Like hearing a math tutor joke to another math tutor that the USD honors program is just about as prestigious as the George W. Bush Library. I didn't know that math nerds could make funnies, but boy did I enjoy that one. 

I made an incredibly creative analogy comparing a certain Jesus expiation theory to 3in1 shampoo/body wash/conditioner. Brilliant it was. 

I successfully completed my second year of college. A bright spot indeed. 

It felt like a difficult week, partly because it was, and partly because on this gestating thing I've got going on. I think I can attribute at least half of my tears to these awesome pregnancy hormones. I can also thank them for the wacky dreams. And for what it's worth, nobody handles stress well when tired, and growing a human is a tiring task. But despite the stressful moments this week, the relief and pride of finishing yet another semester trumps any of the short lived discomfort. 

now that school is over I will have time to:
blog more than any of you will care to read.
read books for fun.
tweeze my eyebrows. seriously.
clean out my garage.
work on a few little house projects that I've been putting off
since we moved in December..
enjoy my giant backyard with my guys.
sit and relax.

end of list and goals.

Carmen

No comments:

Post a Comment