Pages

Thursday, April 18, 2013

thursday thoughts.

Hey Carmen, why is there a lime as the photo for this post?

Funny you ask, I was just going to tell you that Bunny is the size of a lime this week. Obviously that should be celebrated here on the blog. 

11 weeks along and finally finding some pep in my steps. Not a lot, but more than there was. When my alarm goes off in the morning I actually think thoughts about getting up instead of thoughts about throwing that damn alarm away. I'd qualify that as a step in the right direction. 

School is fine (read: busy). I can see the light at the end of the tunnel and am running towards it. I'm ready for a nice break. I don't dare call it a summer break.... In order for that it must not snowing. We don't meet those requirements. Sigh.

I had a 24 hour (not even) stomach flu late last week. I wouldn't be mad if that never happened again. Yuck, I felt awful but luckily with some help from my mom and Yos I managed to survive in one piece - though a couple pounds lighter. 

Sometimes, randomly, Yosi will come up to me and ask me to marry him. Every once and a while he'll take my ring off, get on one knee and the whole shebang. Cheesy? Absolutely. But you had better believe that I say yes just as excitedly as I did the first time over five years ago. He's a pretty swell guy.

The boys are perfect. See?

Every night Yos and I tuck them snugly into their own beds. Every night before we turn in we find them together. 

Stealing moments like this is a deep breath. A quiet moment were they aren't bickering, or wrestling, or pulling each others' hair, or whining about who is going to pick up or play with which toy. A moment where I get to catch a glimpse of the friendship they have, the bond they are building, and that brother love that I so desperately want for them.

Until next time,
Carmen

No comments:

Post a Comment