Pages

Thursday, April 11, 2013

time and stuff.

but you don't.
 love people you love. really love them. love them in practical ways, love them in extravagant ways, tell them you love them. often. 

Yos and I visited my family this weekend. It's about a six hour car ride, and we made the trip sans boys. Just him and I. Man I love that guy. It's cheesy right, but I really love spending time with him. Except on the way home he drove me nuts for about 30 miles going on incessantly about the Nike store we stopped at. It was short lived and then he went back to being awesome... or I just stopped being cranky. One or the other.

We spent three days visiting. It was wonderful and too short. I spent most of my time sitting on the couch. Just sitting. And it was the only thing I wanted to do. I live far away from my family, and we don't talk nearly as often as we should, but there is something so comforting about sitting in a room full of folks I love and who love me. 

But this is not a sad post. Not tonight. 

Today is a big day for Jack, Jill, Bunny, and I. We are 10 weeks along today! We're talking double digits here people. This week Bunny is the size of a prune. 

How am I feeling?

Better. I am less tired (hey, it is 9:30 and I'm still awake!), and have more motivation....sometimes. 

I get nauseous about 6pm and it lasts until I go to bed. 

Drinking large glasses of water in the morning makes me throw up for the rest of the day. Every time. <- I know this because I've tried it multiple days... just to be sure I guess. 

I have already increased the number of pillows I sleep with. By the time Nolan was born I was up to 7 and Yos was down to 1. I'm thinking I might invest in a pregnancy pillow this time around so Yosi doesn't develop a permanent kink in his neck.

I bought my first pair of maternity pants over the weekend. They are still too big, but might be good for hauling melons around...(Phoebe from Friends anyone?)

I have lost about 7lbs recently, but I'm pretty sure it's because I'm not taking gigantic doses of estrogen anymore. I don't feel like I've lost ANY pounds. I can't even find my favorite jeans due to lack of use. Yoga pants are still pants, and it doesn't matter what anyone else says.

In other news:

I actually made dinner AND did laundry the other night and was feeling like the BEST wife in the whole world. Until I accidentally washed Yosi's iPod with the laundry. Oops.

Evidently spring is confused and brought us an ice storm. I'm soooo over it. I'm even more over reading about it in my news feed. 

We watched Remember the Titans last night. I cried through most of the movie. Right when it stops being funny it gets sad. And then that cycle started all over again until Gary's funeral when I was down right sobbing.
     ^When I was pregnant with Christian I had the great idea of watching Castaway for the first time.. I still get teary think about Wilson getting lost.

Oh and it's finals season and today I studied for 1 hour. Napped for 2 hours. Spent at least 45 minutes on Pinterest. Blogged after the boys went to bed. And now I'm going to go watch an episode of Prison Break I've already seen. I'll study tomorrow. 

Until next time,
Carmen

No comments:

Post a Comment