Pages

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

about sharing.



You guessed it. Bunny is the size of a peach this week. 

I'm so flipping excited to be nearing 14 weeks along. Here are a few prego observations for your reading pleasure:

I'm hungry all the time but can only eat tiny bits at a time because I get full SO fast. This means I eat pretty much all day because as soon as the tiny bit of food in my stomach is digested I'm famished again. 

I've gained 1.4 pounds in the past two weeks, making for a total of 5 pregnancy pounds so far. 

I am making trips to the bathroom all.the.time. This is something that I don't remember noticing much with my guys, and certainly not this early. If it keeps up I might as well put up a cot next to the toilet by month six. 

I bought a heartbeat doppler and may or may not be completely obsessed with it...

I look pregnant in the evening after I've been eating all day. In the morning I only look like I've been eating all day. 

All considering, Bunny and I are doing very well. I can't feel her hopping around yet, but I know she's on the move now. I know this because I had an ultrasound at my last appointment and Bunny actually looks more like a baby and less like a blob! She was wiggling all over during the ultrasound and it was a lot of fun to watch and she looks healthy so far.

**Again, we do not know the gender of the baby. I am just slimming down the wordage.**

As you see here, I regularly refer to the baby as Bunny. That is the nickname I picked out (with a green light from Jack and Jill) before the transfer even happened. Because I'm not naming this baby I wanted to have something to call her while she occupies my uterus. I have a lot of people asking what the baby's actual name is, or if Jack and Jill have something picked out. 

I do not know what Bunny's name will be. I think Jack and Jill have compiled some ideas, but I am not sure what they are and whether or not they have chosen one. They have to share a lot of stuff with me, just by nature of this process. There is so much about becoming a parent via surrogacy that demands forfeiting so many of the traditional special moments that most parents relish along the way. Sharing that positive test with your husband, going to all doctor appointments and listening to that tiny heart beating in your belly, tight pants, those first flutters of movement... Jack and Jill have to share all of that stuff with me, all of those moments on their journey to parenthood now include a whole extra person.

Not to say that this adventure isn't amazing, because I think we all would agree that it absolutely is. My point is just that Jack and Jill already have to share a bunch of stuff with me, and I want them keep whatever names they are contemplating close to their hearts just as many expectant parents do. Eventually, they will be ready to announce that lovely name to their friends and family and I will be overjoyed to learn it then. 

Until next time,
Carmen 

No comments:

Post a Comment