Pages

Monday, August 27, 2012

if we're going to be all honest and stuff..



Well friends, it's school time once again. I love school. I gave up a great job, a steady schedule, a (good) part of my sanity, and a lot of hours at home with my littles to head to college. Yosi works incredibly hard to support our family, including my dreams of being a doctor. A dream which requires 382 years of college. I am so thankful to have such an amazing opportunity to pursue my dreams. An opportunity that not everyone is so lucky to have. I love school.

But truth be told, I'm pretty overwhelmed at the thought of school right now.

This is unfortunate because my first class is in less than 12 hours.

As I touched on in this post, spring semester last year was incredibly difficult. It took up just about every ounce of energy, patience, and willpower I had to finish strong. It was hard. The thought of walking back into that again is hard. I have done everything I can to insure that this semester won't be like that. I am taking 5 less credits. I have arranged all of my classes on two days so I have the other three days free. I have gotten a jump start even.

I know that all will be fine. There is so much I absolutely love about college. I am just having a hard  seeing all of those things I love right now. I think part of it is just late night jitters. I know that tomorrow when I breathe in that campus air, take a walk through the library (my favorite place), and grab an unreasonably expensive cup of coffee I will feel right at home.

Jesus helps too. He knows I can do this even when I feel defeated. I plan on fully employing His strength to get me back in the right headspace. It is a brand new year with success written all over it.

I guarantee it. 
See that?! He's helping already.

Until next time,
Carmen


No comments:

Post a Comment