Pages

Sunday, August 12, 2012

the bug.



My lazy days of summer are quickly coming to an end. It has been everything I wanted it to be. Laying out in the sun. Playing outside with the boys. Enjoying the freedom of the summer air. It's been the best summer yet, the hottest one too.

It's been a wonderful summer, but folks, I've been bitten by the bug. The ilovefallsomuch bug. Fall is certainly my absolute favorite season. I love the crisp air, the crunchy leaves, and that wonderful warm feeling - even when it's chilly outside.

I. Can't. Wait.

This fall is going to be especially exciting and wonderful for a few different reasons. I say this every year - and this year is no exception. We're going to have a lot going on this fall season and I am so excited.

With all of this excitement it becomes so important to remember that I should not wish my days away. I was given that advice by a very wise soul a couple of years ago and when I'm getting all excited and antsy for something that lies in the future, I remind myself that I need to live in and appreciate the moment.

Oh and I'm excited for the football that comes along with the fall too.

The weekend here was wonderful. It was cloudy and cool - perfect for relaxing. Friday night we played with the boys until bedtime and then had a late dinner date in the kitchen. I made Yosi a 'beautiful' steak (that's what the guy at the meat counter said), while I tried a new salad recipe I found (no steak here - I'm a vegetarian). I baked up some potatoes to go with, and for dessert we had strawberries and wine. It was a perfect date. Saturday we danced the night away at a wedding dance in the next town over. It was a blast, we all had a great time. It's so much fun to go out as a family, something we definitely need to do more often.

Today has been spent building towers and forts. It's exhausting work I tell you.

Until next time,
Carmen




No comments:

Post a Comment