Pages

Thursday, August 23, 2012

12:30



Today was the day. It went like this:
 
We were up early (as usual) and Christian wanted to go to school right that minute. He was devastated to hear that school doesn't start until 12:30.
 
We made breakfast and did some morning chores before dropping Nolan off at daycare for the afternoon. We got dressed and brushed our teeth. We combed our hair and made sure that there wasn't any lunch left on our faces.
 
It was just like it always has been. Christian and I doing our thing. Hanging around the house with my guy. I took a minute to just look at him. Looked at his grin, which has forever warmed my heart. Looked at how tall he is now, and at the way he carries himself. I took a minute to just look at my son who is no longer such a little boy, but rather a boy who looks ready to take on a huge adventure.
 
The rest of the day was one big photo shoot. Not even kidding. I had to make room on my memory card because there was no way that I as going to miss a moment of his first day.
 
We went and picked up Yosi so he could join us for the big drop off. We ventured over to school and walked into his classroom. Yos and I stood and watched as he walked up to his teacher and said "Hi Mrs. Kennedy, I'm glad it's finally 12:30 because I've been waiting all day". She gave him a hug and showed him to the blocks where he made himself right at home. We gave hugs (I may or may not have actually squeezed the breath out him..) and turned to leave. Out of nowhere I got this lump in my throat. It was uninvited and had incredibly poor timing. I looked back at him again, and Mrs. Kennedy glimpsed at me and smiled. She walked over and reassured me that she would take very good care of him. I did not shed a single tear.

Until we made it into the car.

I plan on taking on of these every year. The feet will grow, the goals will change, and it will be the perfect thing to display at graduation.
 
headed to orientation (yesterday).
 
a special kind of love.
 
We picked him up a couple of hours later and he was beaming with excitement. He couldn't wait to tell us how his day went, and we couldn't wait to hear. He had a fantastic time, made a friend, made an adorable fish necklace (which I have hidden away to keep forever), and ate goldfish crackers for a snack. He had PE, recess, and drank milk and water. He wants to go back first thing in the morning..
 
Poor fella will have to adjust to the 12:30 start time.
 
Until next time,
Carmen
 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment