Pages

Monday, July 23, 2012

pray today.



Today I prayed. I went to my church when there was no service. I sat in an empty pew - I was the only one in the whole place. It is not often I feel the need to go to church to pray. I usually just pray wherever the urge strikes me. Not today. I wanted to be as close to God as physically possible. I needed to be sure that he could hear me - so I went to his house.

I prayed for those I love. I prayed for those who make my life difficult. I prayed for strength, grace, patience. I thanked God for shining light on my family each and every day. I thanked God for blessing me, my children, and my husband with health. I prayed for my family, my extended family. I thanked God for giving me such wonderful people to love. And I reminded Him about shining some light on them too. Please.

Today I prayed because it was about the only thing that made sense.

Tomorrow is a new day, and I have faith (I had to dig real deep to find it) that at least some of those prayers will be answered.

Until next time,
Carmen

No comments:

Post a Comment