Pages

Friday, July 6, 2012

being all optimistic.

I am an eternal optimist. Ask anyone. Sometimes I think it can even be slightly annoying, but I don't mind much. Today at work I was asked "gosh, why are you so happy all of the time?" Well here is your answer:

I'm not always happy, but I choose to think happy thoughts a good majority of the time.

Thinking happily is a fun way to think. It is not always easy. And no - it does not always come naturally. It is a choice. It is a promise you make to yourself - that you will seek the goodness in all that life has to offer. It is an ongoing commitment to always try desperately to find a bright side even in the darkest of hours.

I have been blessed to have a comfortable life. I have a loving husband.. beautiful sons.. a cozy place to call home with plenty of food to eat... But when I say that I have been blessed, I do not mean that it has been easy.

Just like everyone else, I have had to face trials of my own. Heartache. Sadness. Anger. Guilt. Fear. Life is just like that sometimes. When people say that life isn't fair they really aren't joking around. When I think about it I'm not sure which came first... My positive outlook that helped me during the trials in life.. or the trials in life that helped me develop my positive outlook on life.

It doesn't matter much now. What does matter is that I continuously choose to look for the positives, even when they seem completely absent.

I look around at this wonderful time in my life and thank God for bringing me to this feeling of contentment. I thank God even for the trials in life, because they make triumph taste oh so sweet.

Until next time,
Carmen




No comments:

Post a Comment