Pages

Saturday, July 14, 2012

books.



Reading books has become a staple of my summer. I love to read all year round, but during the school year most of the reading I accomplish is straight out of a text book. Now that I am loving up my free time, I am enjoying a bunch of non-science reads.

I was out to lunch with my mom the other day - when I went to grab my wallet out of my purse I realized that I had 4 books in my purse too! I usually try to keep a book with me, just in case I'm out somewhere and get bored, but I was surprised to find four of them.

I remember a short period of time when I was a child when I disliked reading. Obviously that phase passed quickly. Now I cruise through books left and right. I am a quick reader and it does not take me much time to get through a good book. This is both a blessing and a curse. It means that I am always on the look out for a new books, but it's nice that I can read a lot in a relatively short amount of time.

I do hope that as the boys grow up they learn to love books as much as I do. I will see to it that this habit is strongly encouraged along the way.. That does not make me pushy. Just insistent in the most cheerful way.

Enough for now,
Carmen


No comments:

Post a Comment