Pages

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

pancake date.


*this post is all lovey*

We are boring people. We have a routine that we like and we stick to it. It's not a strict routine - but our days are comfortably predictable. The end of evenings are wonderfully the same. We tuck the boys in at 8pm. We do our own thing until 9pm. At 9pm I make us some hot tea and then we sit on the couch together and watch something on netflix (lately it has been Prison Break). We watch an episode (sometimes two), and are in bed by 10:30. It's a wonderful set-up we have and I like it very much.

The other night we had turned off the TV and I was grabbing a glass of water in the kitchen before heading to bed when Yosi walked through and said 'gosh I kind of want pancakes'. We both kind of looked at each other and decided that pancakes sounded like a great idea. We stood in the kitchen at quarter to 11, in our jammies, making pancakes together. I'm not even a fan of pancakes (or carbs after 3pm), but I was not about to miss the moment.

We stood side by side mixing up the batter, pouring and flipping the cakes, and then grabbed one plate and two forks and dove right in. It was one of those memories I will always carry in my heart. It has to be on the the very best dates we ever had. Right in the kitchen. With a cheapo box of pancake mix. Just the most perfect break in our wonderful routine.

Until next time,
Carmen



No comments:

Post a Comment