Pages

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Death Before Decaf: The Tale of a Caffeine Addicted Preeching Scientist.






My name is Carmen, and I am addicted to coffee. I love coffee, and I drink entirely too much of it. I'm talking morning, mid morning, early afternoon, late afternoon, - and depending on what all I have to do in the evening- sometimes I'll have more after dinner. I like my coffee strong, black, and lukewarm (weird right?). Decaf does not exist in my universe. Ever. I think I would give up baking before I could give up my keurig, and  that is a big deal.

Again the weekend is upon us, and again, we have been blessed with the most beautiful weather.  Today was a wonderful Saturday. I was up and out the the house early! Nolan and I got the weekly grocery shopping done first thing in the morning, and when we got home I did some baking. This afternoon I had a Mary Kay consultant come to the house and one of my dearest friends and I enjoyed a free makeover, which was a fun change of pace! After the makeovers, I took my Saturday nap, and spent dinner time over at my in-laws grilling outside and enjoying the beautiful weather with the boys.

Onto the verse!  

"Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see." Hebrews 11:1

I study. A lot. And my studies are pretty varied. I am a biology major, and a religion minor. A lot of people, hubs included, think that one cannot believe in both science and God. That it is black and white, one or the other. I beg to differ. Science is belief in what can be seen, and just as said here in Hebrews, faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see. For me, this conclusion was difficult to come to- but now that I am here, I wonder why I had so much trouble on my way. I am finally at peace with what I believe, and it is a wonderful place to be.

Happy Weekend,
Carmen





No comments:

Post a Comment