Pages

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

The Morning Olympics.



     Today was a morning like this, and I'm positive that today I earned a gold medal. It's almost like a one step forward-two steps back kind of event, until finally everybody is dressed and fed, with brushed teeth, combed hair, and shoes on. Two of the same shoes on.


     After dropping off the boys, I have about a 30 minute drive to campus. I use this time to decompress, drink my much needed coffee, and refocus on the tasks at hand for the new day. I also spend some time praying, which brings me to a new idea for the blog... A daily verse! So for the very first day I thought I would pick one that really speaks to my heart.  


Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity. - Timothy 4:12 (NIV)


     I love this verse. Yosi and I became parents at a (very) young age. There is a stigma surrounding young parents. Think of Teen Mom, or Maury Povich maybe? As if becoming a parent (at any age) isn't enough of a roller coaster, but then there is the stereotype that comes along with being a young parent. For quite some time after Christian was born, I felt as though I was being judged by those around me. I was *that* girl who got pregnant and is now trying to get her poop in a group. The Timothy verse is perfect for us. It is what I strive to do as a young mom. Set a positive example, not necessarily in what I say, but in how I live my life. Gotta give Yosi a shoutout because we stand together here, and I couldn't have asked for a better man to stand beside.


  In other news, I am striving for a 94% on my next anatomy exam. And no matter how much I do love verses and blogging, I've got to learn something about respiration in order to achieve that goal. So this is all for now, but I'll have more to say along with another verse next time.


Until next time,
Carmen

No comments:

Post a Comment