Pages

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Brothers and Ducks.


Brothers. The fact that Yosi and I actually created a pair of best friends is fairly spectacular. Sometimes I'll have people ask me 'gosh you must have wanted a girl' (<----- that question usually comes when I am chasing after, wrestling with, or breaking up a fight between the boys.). But it isn't true.
Don't get me wrong- having a girl would have been great too- BUT I have said before that I wanted Christian to have a brother more than I wanted myself to have a daughter. I see Yosi with his brothers and there is something.. some sort of special sibling bond.. and it really seems to be priceless. While my little guys may fight like mad at times, I know that forever and ever they will always have each other. And that makes me happy.

My project is TURNED IN. Done deal. Finished and over. I am feeling really good about the time and effort that I put into it and I'm proud that the end result reflects all of my hard work. I am also feeling good that I don't have to worry about it anymore.

Today I had an 8am lab which went smoothly and then I had my afternoon class, and I while I planned to stick around campus for a bit after class, I headed home instead. I got home and took a long nap in a quiet house and it was wonderful.

When I woke up and Yosi came home with the boys (they had been at grandma's - that's how I was lucky enough to nap in a quiet house), we headed to the duck pond. Watching the boys feed the ducks really was an awesome time. We went through almost a whole bag of bread, so I would guess that those ducks will be sleeping good tonight!  This is the kind of fun I am blessed enough to enjoy:


This is the brother thing I'm talking about <3

Yosi snapped a picture while I was making sure Nolan didn't just jump in with the ducks.

 I love this picture.

Nolan heading down the slide, debating of whether or not to hang on for dear life.



After the park, we came home and I made pancakes and eggs for dinner. Not quite a spring-y meal, but it was yummy and I do love me some pancakes every once and awhile.

Onto the verse for today

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong, vigorous, and very courageous. Be not afraid, neither be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

This verse really speaks for itself. I like that there is even some reassurance in that first sentence. Jesus knows that sometimes things seem to hard, or heavy, or seemingly impossible, but he just lays it down. Don't worry about it and just trudge on with courage, He's got this covered. 

Until next time,
Carmen

No comments:

Post a Comment