Pages

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Busy Hands.



I love this. As I continue to become a real-life adult I strive to hold  myself to a standard of grace. Perfection is boring anyway.  

Well the weekend is here, and it is absolutely beautiful! The mornings are cool, the afternoons are warm, and the evenings have are perfect for eating dinner outside. I love springtime almost as much as I love the fall, and that is a big bunch. Mostly, I'm just glad to be able to let the boys run around outside. I think we all were starting to go a little stir-crazy being cooped up in the house this winter, however mild it was. There is just something about playing outside that brings out the best in kids.

On such a beautiful weekend it is a smidge disappointing that I have a mountain of homework to tackle. On Tuesday I have a big project due for my religion class. So while I will be spending a great deal of time working on my project this weekend, I might just move my studies outside so I can enjoy the gorgeous weather.

Balancing home life and school life is a skill I am still mastering, but most of the time I think I manage pretty well. I am so grateful to have a Yosi who supports my dreams, and all of that comes along with them. There are some nights I'm on campus studying late, or some afternoons where I just can't make dinner, or on weekends like this where at my nights will be filled with textbooks at the table instead of movies on the couch. And he is there. To do baths, or make dinner, or to watch the movies he knows I won't like on nights where I have to hit the books. We sure do love him a lot.

For the verse today I picked something that is timely for me and my project.

"Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might." Ecclesiastes 9:10

Today I will find my hands doing homework, and the product will be thoughtful, well organized, well researched, and appropriately creative.

Until next time,
Carmen






No comments:

Post a Comment