Pages

Monday, July 8, 2013

life lately.


it reads:
WARNING
reflections in this mirror may be distorted by socially constructed ideas of beauty

I found this sticker stuck to a bathroom mirror in the Chicago O'Hare airport. (hey, bathroom photos like this are ok. Right...?) Eh, while the ethics behind bathroom photos are up for debate, I kind of love this sticker. It is so incredibly true. 
life lately  

I'm hungry all the time. seriously.

Bunny wiggles about lots at night, but is still relatively quiet most of the day. the placenta is anterior however, and that can (and is) muffle lots of movement until babe is big enough to pack a real punch.

I'm hungry all the time.

I'm still sleeping well, but I have craaazy dreams nearly every night.

The guys and I are living in the sun these days, and I love it. so do they.

A trip to the pool over the weekend left me with a sunburnt tummy. I put sunscreen on religiously, but must have forgot the belly because it was pretty red for a day or two. which brings me to my next point.

I'm forgetting stuff quite often. It's embarrassing.

I'm ravenously hungry pretty much all the time.

I worked a full shift a couple days ago and by the end of my shift I was so.done. I was spent, tired, and my hips were achy.  I am NOT complaining, but I think I will stick to half shifts as much as possible.

I have started noticing some Braxton Hicks contractions in the evenings, or when I've been busier than I should be. A tall glass of water and putting my feet up serves as a cure-all. This is not abnormal for me in pregnancy, but they sure make my belly look funny.

I'm constantly hungry. But I can't get enough ice water either. If you know me you know this is odd because I prefer all of my beverages at room temperature. Coffee? I let it sit until it's lukewarm. Water? From the tap in a glass sans ice. Not these days! Ice in everything, the colder the better.

I caught myself looking at some good reading material for my research internship this fall. I may or may not have purchased said book(s) though school is still a good six weeks out...

Well it's time for bed, but not before I find myself a good snack to hold Bunny and I over until morning.

Until next time,
Carmen





No comments:

Post a Comment