Pages

Sunday, June 30, 2013

1/2



We have hit (and passed) the halfway mark of this pregnancy! I can't believe it, time is going so quickly. It feels like just yesterday I was waiting like a crazed maniac by the phone to hear the results from the official pregnancy test. It could have been last week that Jill and I sat anxiously in the waiting room for our first ultrasound. 

And now we're here, a little over half way through week 21. Bunny and I are doing well, and growing on schedule. I have gained about fifteen pregnancy pounds, and Bunny will closing in on a whole pound soon.

I'm feeling really good these days. I had a fainting episode a couple of weeks ago, but after a bag of IV fluids and a good night's sleep all was well again. My OB said that fainting is not uncommon during pregnancy as my body adjusts to the increase in blood volume - and sure enough I took a trip to the floor at work. I'm so thankful for my wonderful coworkers who took excellent care of me and drove me to the hospital to get checked out. You girls are the best!

Other than the fainting, everything has been moving along smoothly. Summer vacation is living up to all expectations. I recently spent a week away from home with my aunt, uncle, and cousins and had a wonderful time. I missed my guys a bunch, but it was so great to spend some long overdue quality time. The boys and I have been spending lots of time in the sun to pass these lazy days and I can't think of anywhere I'd rather be spending my summer holiday.

Until next time,
Carmen

No comments:

Post a Comment