Pages

Monday, July 15, 2013

popsicles and forgetting.



I went grocery shopping this evening. This is what I bought. 

Yesterday evening Yosi was out and about, and I was home with the guys tucked into bed when I had a brief moment of pregnancy induced insanity with the thought that if I ran to the store really quick for popsicles the boys wouldn't even notice I was out. I opted to eat a bag of frozen blueberries and not risk it. 

I obviously made up for that deprivation with today's purchases.

Bunny and I had a checkup today. I'm happy to report that we're both doing well. My blood pressure was 106/70, I gained 4 pounds in the past 4 weeks, and Bunny's heartrate was perfect at 145. When doc went to measure my uterus, she checked, and then re-checked before saying that I'm measuring about four weeks ahead! Ack. 

The scientist in me starts freaking out about excessive amniotic fluid, kidney abnormalities, and a host of other possible complications. She sent me down the hall for an ultrasound and, thank goodness, all is well. Fluid is good, kidneys are good, and Bunny is growing perfectly. Weighing in at an estimated 1lb8oz (the 69th percentile), I let out a huge sigh of relief. It's not like the babe is measuring extra giant - just slightly above average. Perfect. 

Doc did notice that the umbilical cord attaches to the placenta on the edge, opposed to the center. It's called Marginal Cord Insertion, and is nothing to be alarmed about. She said the main concern lies in the baby not getting big enough towards the end of the pregnancy. We obviously don't have this problem right now, so she's just going to keep an eye on it with a few extra ultrasounds. Easy enough. 

Jill, of course, was my first phone call on the way out of the clinic. It worked out very well that she had just gotten off the phone with the Doctor, and was about to call me! We discussed Bunny's progress, the non-worrying non-issue with the cord, and an overall quick chat. Boy, I love catching up with her- Jack too :) 

In other news, I am reeeaaaaaallly forgetful these days. Not even the funny/cute kind. The I lost my new phone kind. The phone I had to buy because two months ago I put my phone on the top of the car and *forgot* it was there before driving away. Sigh.

I am not an overly organized person. Just ask my mom, she'll tell you. I may not alphabetize my kitchen cupboards, but I do NOT like feeling like I'm in a constant state of disarray either. Seriously, I can't keep track of anything. Next thing you know I'm going to post about how I accidentally left one of the boys in the freezer aisle of the market during a popsicle run. 

I'm knocking on some wood, and if you would please knock on some for me too....

Until next time,
Carmen

No comments:

Post a Comment