Pages

Monday, September 17, 2012

whining/big picture


 
 
I love this. I've been thinking about this quite a bit and it makes so much sense.
 
 
I have been so productive today it's almost unbelievable. I'm talking about four loads of laundry and some fall cleaning in the bedrooms and closets. And I made it to the gym. That is a lot of stuff.
 
I wish I could report that my lupron injections have been getting easier now that I am used to them, but it is simply not true. The first one was the easiest I think, and I'm pretty sure it's because I was so stinking excited to finally be at that point in this adventure. Yesterday I spent 20 minutes pacing in my bedroom holding the syringe. The spot was wrong. The lighting was bad. I didn't use the alcohol pad correctly. My nose was running. You name it, it ran through my head as a reason to wait another minute. It basically comes down to the fact that I am a chicken and was terrified that it was going to be the most painful thing on Earth. I had a really hard time.
 
It's not even that they are too painful. But still. Luckily, today was better. It's when I over think it that it ends up hurting. That is because I go soo slow that it actually does sting more than it should. Today I made a conscious effort to make it faster and it helped a lot.
 
I am done whining about that now.
 
Things are getting so close now! Jack and Jill are starting to talk about flight plans.. So exciting! It really has been such a multi-step adventure, to think we are nearing the step of actually transferring is almost surreal. This whole time that is what we all have been working toward, but when the 'pre-game' list is so long it is just easier to focus on what's next - opposed to the big picture.
 
Big picture is right around the corner folks, and I can't wait.
 
Until next time,
Carmen


1 comment:

  1. New adventures are always so exciting :). I can imagine the lupron injections cannot be easy at all *HUGS*. I just have to prick my finger to test my blood sugar and I have a hard time...I know injections would be next to impossible for me. You are a brave woman more hugs!

    ReplyDelete