Pages

Saturday, September 15, 2012

joy.


 


It is the weekend! It's is beautiful outside, and it almost smells like fall. I am in love.

I was planning on telling a long tale about psych evals and contract reviewing, but instead I'm not.

 That's kind of a funny thing about a journey like this, it's always there, always a part of your thoughts. I have this excitement, and strong sense of hope in my heart. After knowing Jack and Jill for a relatively short amount of time, I feel as though we have been friends for years - and I am excited for them to become parents.

All the while, life is still happening. Christian is still loving school and soccer. I am adjusting to all of my classes. Nolan is fully potty-trained, and as mischievous and adventurous as ever. Yosi is working hard at his job, but enjoying the nice evening weather.

Things are wonderfully the same. I love that. We don't live in a very big house, but it's cozy and warm. We've been here for a little over two years and that's the longest I've ever lived in one place in my whole life. I love that too.

I feel such a sense of joy these days. I am busier than ever, but it's fun. Between weekly doctor appointments, my classes, getting the boys where they needs to go, keeping my laundry (somewhat) done, and working sometimes, I have a more going on now than ever before. My days seem so short sometimes, and it truly is humbling.

I am so fortunate to have the time to spend doing all the things I do. It is wonderful to be home more this year, to be able to take on more in my family life - opposed to school life. And not only my family, but I also have the honor of helping grow Jack and Jill's family too. How lucky is that? 

This was kind of a mix-match post, more just some thoughts thrown down. I am the boss lady of this blog - so that's ok.

Until next time,
Carmen

No comments:

Post a Comment