Pages

Monday, September 10, 2012

grocery list.. what's that?



Fall is in the air. But only in the mornings. Mornings are cool, but today it is supposed to be 90 by 3pm. Oh well, at least it's a start.

I'm so glad that fall is starting to show her face, but that means that I have a gazillion things to do at any given moment. My current list looks kind of like this.

- homework
- find Christian 3 things to fill the show-and-tell bag with for school
- soccer practice
- homework
- dinner
     -which then means there has to be groceries to shop for
- laundry
- homework
- making sure Christian is to school, on time, with a full belly, looking handsome.
    - making sure Christian is picked up from school, on time.
- homework
- keep Nolan happy as a clam, and out of mischief.

Now hear me out, I'm not whining. At all. I love the camaraderie.

The past few weeks have also served as a huge learning experience. I have so much respect for moms, I always have, but it has recently taken on a new level.

When kids are little, they kind of fit into your schedule. You can tote them around and run errands or go to the grocery store. It's easy to change plans because they just go with the flow. I'm that kind of person. Just going with the flow most of the time. I know what needs to be done, but there is no real plan on how it's going to happen. It just does.

Then all the sudden, your kid has a schedule of his own. Gone are the days where we (as a family) could just do whatever, whenever. Now Christian has places to be. It has been an interesting couple of weeks to say the least. BUT, I am getting better and more efficient. There are moms out there who have this juggle down to a science, and kudos to you! Send me your tricks!

Gone are the days when it was 5pm and I would linger over to the grocery to get stuff for dinner. That simply won't work right now. This is strange for me, because for as long as I've been living I have made it a point to resist all kinds of planning ahead. This sounds ridiculous I know, but it has worked wonderfully for me. But it is time to put that attitude away (for now, so don't think for a second that the value of a minute has changed one bit) and become more prepared for the sake of family time, and my own sanity.

I'll let you know how it goes,
Carmen


2 comments:

  1. it is crazy to think how young children can be when they start having their own little schedules. all the kids that i nanny have practices, games, play dates. i swear, they have more of a social life than me ;)
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete