Pages

Friday, September 6, 2013

hi again.

when every bone in my body is screaming for this - 


the weather instead is doing this - 


sigh.

I'M BACK! 
The move left us internet-less (and cable-less, too) for a full two weeks. Talk about a serious first-world problem. Good grief I'm almost embarrassed to admit what an adjustment it was to be unconnected. Luckily, today at 10am the cable guy walked up to our front door and plugged us back in. 

WE'RE MOVED!
True to who we are and how things go in our life, the new house came to be seemingly out of thin air. After weeks of scouring the listings, driving relentlessly through town, and exploring and obsessing over every possible option, our new home was found on accident. But as soon as we found it, papers were signed, boxes were packed, and we were sleeping in the new home four nights later. We don't joke around about moving here. 

We're still getting settled, but it's coming along. Slowly but surely it is starting to feel more like home. There is more space here than we've ever had, and that is taking some getting used to, but I think it will turn out to be a welcome change. To help create a homey feeling we got a cat and brand new furniture. 

Both are helping.

SCHOOL IS BACK.
Not just for Christian anymore (but he is loving kindergarten something fierce), but my semester started a couple of weeks ago as well. So far so good. My schedule this semester is quite flexible and forgiving, which was intentional on my part. I'm glad I went out of my way to arrange it this way, because

I'M BUSY GROWING A HUMAN BEING.
Bunny is getting big, I think I am too. The number I see on the scale is the highest it's ever been in all of my life. I'm honestly not concerned, and I choose not to worry about how hard fun it's going to be to get back down to where I'm comfortable afterwards. I have the rest of my life to live thinly, and my gain is still well within the recommended limits. 

We are 31 weeks along this week! When I think that I'm due two calendar months from tomorrow, I can't hardly believe it. It's just wild that it's so close already. Am I ready? I don't know. 

I so have loved everything about this adventure. I love my relationship with Jack and Jill, I love the responsibility of growing Bunny, I love the baby wiggles and the (marginally, if that) better finger nails. 

That being said, I can hear in our phone calls how eager Jack and Jill are to hold their little bundle. I'm not uncomfortable per say, but I can't sit in one position too long anymore (especially sitting straight up - it feels like my ribs are being pried apart), I move a lot slower than usual, and I'm back to taking naps every afternoon because I'm pooped by about 2pm. 

The heat does not help.
Seriously.

I can't sleep through the night. It's not because I'm uncomfortable, it's because my bladder is the size of a grape. Though, even if this wasn't the case, Nolan would make sure to help me wake up at 2am. He's going on four......

This does nothing to improve the 2pm napping situation. 

But overall, I'm feeling really good and enjoying this last bit of this pregnancy. It really has gone so quickly.

I'LL BE BACK.
probably tomorrow or Monday so don't be worried.

Carmen



No comments:

Post a Comment