Pages

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

report cards, being four, and other stuff.

Wow, I can't believe this month is already halfway over! One of my New Year's resolutions this year is to be a consistent (and consistently awesome) blogger... Let's file that under "I'm working on it".

So Christian is back in the school swing. We just received his report card and I am mighty proud of that young fellow. He's amazing and his kindergarten report card reflects his amazingness. After we sat and looked at it, Yosi promptly went over and hung the report card on the fridge. You could say he's a proud dad.

Nolan is being awesome at being three. But, he turns four NEXT WEEK. Sigh. How does that even happen? My baby is going to be four. Part of me is completely ecstatic, the other part is grief stricken.  They even out to a sort of "wow, where did the time go? thank goodness we don't have to deal with three ever again". Three year olds are not rational people. While they are adorable, hilarious, and over-flowingly full of laughter, you cannot yet reason with these folks.

I'm working on not looking like I just had a baby. Even though I did. I don't know why us women do that to ourselves. I mean, talk about unreasonable. But I'm not being all intense and cranky about it because that's not useful, needed, or fun. I am just doing things I should be doing anyway like eating good, real food, and using my body in active and meaningful ways. By mindfully treating my body well, it will treat me well in return.

Until next time,
Carmen

No comments:

Post a Comment