Pages

Monday, January 6, 2014

christmas vacation.

Guys, Christmas vacation is not as fun when you're a parent.

Christian goes back to school tomorrow and my day will be spent tending to my disaster zone house.

Messes aside, it's been pretty fun. It's been nice being lazy in the morning and drinking my coffee while still in my jammies opposed to in the car. It's been fun baking cookies, and eating cookies, and sometimes eating real food too. Not often though. We've also spent countless hours playing with playdo, having uno tournaments, and getting competitive over board games. It has had some definite highlights, and these boys of mine kind of are hilarious.

It's been kind of fun and kind of not. Both kids home mean that at least a part of the day will include bickering, and arguing, and fighting over two of the exact same guys. It doesn't help that I'm on break too. Meaning I have no homework, no projects, no reading assignments, nothing. It's feels gloriously free for the first couple of days and then it gets ridiculously boring.

here is what I've found to do:
organize my basement
go through ALL closets and donate all clothes that aren't worn anymore
finally start on my gallery wall
organize and print out a years worth of photos
read two books (one on the booklist for my spring semester, and one for fun)
cleaned my carpets

Now, most of these things needed done anyway, so it's not at all a bad thing that I've finally found time to get them  done. BUT, it feels pretty weird not to be working on anything school-y. That will all change in a short week when I'll be overwhelmed once again with homework and reading assignments. A girl just can't win. 

Until next time,
Carmen

No comments:

Post a Comment