Pages

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

mice.

I wish there was mice here.

I hate mice. I'm terrified of those little critters. It's a completely irrational fear, this I understand, but I would rather hang out with 100 spiders before crossing paths with a single mouse. 

I really hate mice. 

But I wish I could here them in my walls. Or see their disgusting little tails scurrying along the floor in my basement.

Then maybe I would actually want to leave this house. 

We have to move. Again. We just moved in here in December, and I love this house. I love it's charm. I love the size, and the yard, and the kitchen, and I love the big picture window, and I love the flower beds out front, and I love how it's cozy but not ridiculously small. 

We are renting this house from a woman who has evidently run into some serious financial trouble. The more I learn about her situation, the sadder I am for her. And for us too, because it means that we have to leave this house.

I really dislike moving. I dislike it even more when I don't yet know where I'm moving to. 

I really dislike uprooting my family from a home that we love, and had intended to make our own. 

Sigh.

I wish there was mice here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment