Pages

Sunday, March 10, 2013

bright souls.

Yesterday, a bright soul I went to high school with lost her battle with cancer. She will be missed by many, and her memory will carried on in the rainbows. She was a special lady, and I was lucky to have known her. 

After the boys went to bed, I spent some time cruising the internet and seemed to find sadness. As I was checking out Bernadette's blog, a link there led to me Brooke's blog where I spent at least an hour crying reading her story of loss, grief, and living. I laid in bed last night and just couldn't wrap my head around why some people just pass too soon. 

I rolled around. I tossed and turned. I snugged on to the sleeping Yosi. I just kept waiting for him to say something that would make me feel less sad for these Mamas who have endured things I would hate to even think of. I even tried racking my brain for exactly what I would want to hear to make it all seem ok... But I don't think there is anything at all. Sometimes there are question that don't have answers and things that just won't make sense - like loosing bright souls far too soon. 

I checked back at Bernadette's tonight and with much sadness read that her Superhero is resting with the Big Guy now.

If you are a person who prays, maybe you can join me in sending prayers, love, and warmth to Bernadette, Duane, the Princess, and their families as they mourn the loss of their Superhero - a bright soul taken too soon. Maybe we can also pray together for the family of my highschool friend, as I'm sure they are missing their girl terribly. While we're at it, lets just pray a collective prayer for those living with grief - a prayer that they may find healing and hope again soon. 

Until next time,
Carmen

No comments:

Post a Comment