Pages

Friday, February 15, 2013

being beautiful.



I'm beautiful. So are you. 

Really. 

I know, I know... It's annoying. But in all seriousness, we all have that judge-y and mean voice living inside our heads. You know who I'm talking about, she sounds like this:

Good grief Carmen that sweater looks ridiculous. Find something else to wear.

Your house is a mess. Why can't you just keep it neat?

She just had a baby an hour ago and look she's in a bikini! Why didn't your body work like that?

Girl, please! Keep those thoughts in your head, the blog doesn't need any more inspiration from you.

You know her too, right? She whispers yucky nothings in your ears all day. There is this constant interplay going on about how you are not good enough for this or that. Bullying is a hot topic these days, but nobody seems to talk about all of the bullying we put ourselves through. 

Give yourself permission to put that lady out of business. She doesn't know the first thing about you, your worth, or your sweater.

Easier said than done? Yeah, I know. It's quite a solemn fact that it has become the norm to live with this constant dissatisfaction that oozes into every aspect of our lives. That tiny voice is ruining your potential.

It's not supposed to be that way. I really don't think it is. I think we are supposed to embrace our talents instead of dwell on our 'shortcomings'. I think that we are supposed to rejoice in what we have instead of envying those who have more. And while I am all about self improvement, I think that at the end of the night we are supposed to love who we are right now.

Not after we get the promotion.
Not after we lose the weight.
Not after we get the guy.
Not after we finally figure our what it is our purpose is here.
Not after anything.

Now. Today.

I am pretty much the poster child for learning more. I am always striving to improve my brain, or my spirituality, or my legs. I'm not denying that, but that isn't exactly what I'm talking about either. I'm talking about a sense of contentment that under girds the ins and outs of your everyday. It's hard to come by, but worth finding.

Until next time,
Carmen

No comments:

Post a Comment