Pages

Monday, January 7, 2013

twenty thirteen.



What a year it was. We loved you 2012. It was a lovely year. Ups and downs? Sure, but overall it was a sunny season in this house. 

I have high expectations for 2013. Between the boys getting older, Yosi and I growing (even closer!) together, and making personal growth a top priority, it will be a busy 365. 

To fit in, I made some resolutions for the year. I complied a handy list to keep them straight. 

Here are some of the ideas I came up with: (not in any particular order)

*run 1000 miles
*read some great books
*keep in my pursuit of being a Godly wife
*be in bed by time that starts with 10 and out of bed at a time that starts with 6 at least 5 days a week. 
*make it a point to honor the individuality of each of my sons.

I also decided it would be fun (my own kind of warped sense of fun) to make up a family resolution for the year. So for the year of 2013 our household resolution is - Live Intentionally.

I spent a lot of time thinking on and choosing the perfect thing for our family. I ultimately chose live intentionally because I think it is something that is really relevant, both in our house and out in the world. It can be so easy just to go through the motions of the day. Especially when life consists of being busy! Gosh I have about a gazillion - no joke- things to do in any given day. Sometimes it feels as though the easiest way to do it all is to power through. Just do what needs to be done in order to get from point A to point B. 

I firmly believe that precious life is lost in the shuffle. Somewhere between making breakfast and doing dishes after supper things happen! There are moments that have an impact, but are easily swept away by the business. There are opportunities to make the day bright and meaningful, but these moments are easily overlooked in order to get ahead. I want to us all to soak in all of this human experience. Love it all up. Revel in it, if you will. In order not to miss anything, I have decided that the best way to go about this year is to live intentionally.

Until next time,
Carmen

No comments:

Post a Comment