Pages

Friday, November 9, 2012

weird.



I've noticed that somewhere along my way I have gotten weird.

This is not a bad thing. It's just something that happens sometimes.

I use the word 'weird' endearingly here so if you do these things please don't be offended, instead be my friend because I need folks like you.

I drink green juice and love every last drop. When talking about it to people I find myself saying things like "It's life in juice form" and, "It's as though you are drinking in living energy".

I eat less and less animal products everyday and aspire to be completely vegan soon. Sometimes I catch myself being preach-y about this even! That is not 'weird', it is simply annoying and I'm working on it.

I read things like Gandhi's Autobiography, and The Encyclopedia of Religions. For fun.

I am incredibly enthusiastic about doing a week long pilgrimage in France in another couple of years. (sound cool? learn more here)

I still love science but I'm starting to realize that I can have more than one passion in life. It just so happens that the things I am passionate about are polar opposites (think cellular functions and Jesus).

They say that college can change you. Expand your mind and stuff. I'd agree, but I'd also say that there is more to the story than college. I know plenty of folks who have come out on the other side without a single glass of green juice. I think all this weird stuff has always been there. Just waiting. I've gotten rather courageous as of late, and it takes guts to be different. To want to do different stuff, and know different things.

I feel as though I've always been this girl. It's just that now it's ok to be her. To embrace to weirdness and go with it. And the best part is, I am who I've always been. It's just that now I added on.

Until next time,
Carmen





No comments:

Post a Comment